CLOSING DATE: October 9, 2013 by 4 p.m.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under supervision of a Recreation Coordinator provides leadership and functional supervision for the Indoor Playground program and other related programs at the Lakewood Community Center, 9112 Lakewood Drive SW Lakewood. This position is a parent/guardian-child program with staff involvement. Responsible for planning, organizing and leading activities for youth ages 5 and under. Organizes and implements program elements and preschool related curriculum such as arts and crafts. Oversees participants, parents/guardians and performs related work as required.
- Able to work with preschool ages 5 and under.
- Implement art and craft projects .
- Oversees participants in a recreation program, activity or facility.
- Provides feedback regarding program development and activity schedule.
- Opens, closes, secures and maintains a safe program environment and conducts safety checks; administers first aid as required.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Teaching experience and college-level coursework in Early Childhood Education is preferred
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license required
- Certified in CPR and First Aid preferred
- Six (6) months related work experience. Community recreation and/or education program experience preferred
- A combination of experience and training that provides the candidate with the knowledge and skills to perform the job will be considered
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CONTACT PERSON: Chad Harvell, Recreation Coordinator (253) 798-4104
Applications can be obtained from the Lakewood Community Center, 9112 Lakewood Dr SW Lakewood, 98499, 253-798-4177