An upgrade to the City of Tacoma’s computer system will impact some Tacoma Public Utilities services this weekend:
· Payment acceptance in the lobby of the Tacoma Public Utilities Administration Building will close at 1 p.m., today and reopen at 10 a.m., Monday. Customers may still make utility bill payments during that time at one of the 11 PayBox locations (listed below) or through our phone payment system at 253-502-8608. We cannot accept any payments between 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. today.
· Customer Services phone lines, which include 253-502-8600 and 253-502-8606, will close at 3:30 p.m., today and open at 10 a.m., Monday.
· Online and telephone electrical inspection and permitting services will be unavailable from 5 p.m., today to 6 a.m., Monday.
Customer Services employees will assist customers whose services have been disconnected and who visit the lobby during the closure period. Tacoma Public Utilities will not disconnect services over the weekend to allow customers time to pay their bills when the lobby reopens for payments.
· Tacoma Public Utilities Administration Building - 3628 S. 35th St. (& Union Ave.)
PayBoxes are located in many Safeway stores in Tacoma Public Utilities’ service area
1624 72nd St. E. (72nd & Portland Ave.)
2637 N. Pearl St.
1112 S. M St.
707 S. 56th St.
· Spanaway – 15805 Pacific Ave. S.
· Federal Way – 2109 S.W. 336th St. (21st Ave. & 335th St.)
· University Place – 3842 Bridgeport Way W.
· Lakewood – 10223 Gravelly Lake Dr. S.W.
· Puyallup – 11501 Canyon Rd. E. (112th & Canyon)
· Graham – 10105 224th St. E. (224th & Meridian)